In this online training, you will gain the essential skills and confidence to teach Yoga as stress management in a wide variety of environments, including the workplace, healthcare facilities, schools, and Yoga studios.
Learn Yoga practices that can help your students recover from past stress, cope with stress as it arises, and develop resilience for the future. Learn to adapt a variety of Yoga practices—including Hatha Yoga poses, relaxation and breathwork, Raja, and Karma Yoga—to be accessible to any population.
- Yoga Postures adapted for stress relief, including standing and seated chair poses for different levels of physical capacity
- Breathwork, both adapted and remedial, designed to lower stress quickly
- Meditation and mindfulness as stress reduction tools
- Scientific evidence on the benefits of Yoga-based stress reduction
- Adapted relaxation techniques
- Mental and emotional practices of Yoga for stress relief
- Strategies for designing and marketing classes, workshops, and courses
- Methods for leading group discussions for peer support
- Fundamentals of trauma-sensitive Yoga practices
Stress is a component of nearly every illness, either as a cause or an effect, so this course is also a part of the Integral Yoga Therapy Certification Program curriculum. It provides a solid foundation for many other specialized Yoga Therapy trainings including cardiac, and cancer. This course provides good basic skills for PTSD, but further training is recommended if you want to specialize in teaching for PTSD.
200-hour Yoga teacher certification and at least 6 months of teaching experience. Certified clinicians with a good background in Yoga practice may also apply.