Phase 2 Module
Restorative Yoga is a deeply rejuvenating element that can be incorporated into any Yoga practice. Using props, the body is placed in gentle, supported asanas that can be held longer without physical effort. These poses can be offered to individuals low in energy, or during times of stress, illness, healing, or crisis. They release mental and physical tension, elicit a deeper state of relaxation, and allow the body to return to its natural state of balance and peace. Topics of study include balanced sequences of supported poses for general relaxation, stress reduction and special needs, safe and effective prop use and maintenance, how to instruct and adjust restorative poses, Yoga Nidra, supported poses for enhancing pranayama practice, and other healing aspects of Yoga.
In the Restorative Yoga Module you will learn how to:
- Teach a complete, balanced 90-minute Restorative Yoga class
- Adapt the basic poses for shorter classes and incorporate restorative poses into regular Hatha Yoga classes and practices
- Instruct, modify, and adjust poses for individual needs
- Create a safe, relaxing one-on-one restorative session
- Practice stress management with Restorative Yoga
- Safely and effectively use props: what props to use, when to use them, care, and storage
- Teach restorative Yoga Nidra (supported relaxation poses)
- Incorporate other healing aspects of Yoga into your practice
- Develop a personal Restorative Yoga practice
- All props will be supplied for your use and practice during the course.