Phase 1 Module
Students join together with senior Integral Yoga teachers for an in-depth study of the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and receive a thorough training in the entire philosophy and psychology of Yoga. The training is a balance of study and practice, emphasizing public speaking skills with focus on a detailed examination of the most important Sutras and how to present these profound teachings.
Raja Yoga is a guidebook to happiness, peace of mind and self-transformation. Raja Yoga is the foundation of all branches of Yoga, and brings Yoga into every aspect of your life. It is also the basis for understanding therapeutic applications of Yoga: how Yoga heals and enlightens.
Raja Yoga provides a practical approach to health and balance in all aspects of life: physical, mental, social and spiritual. It proposes a pathway to relieve suffering, which is the goal of all the great wisdom traditions, and the practical goal of Yoga teaching and therapy.
- An in-depth exploration of the Yoga Sutras
- Interactive discussion of how to incorporate the teachings into daily life
- Exploration of Raja Yoga for therapeutic application
- Opportunities to deepen your Hatha Yoga, pranayama and meditation practice
- Guidance for teaching Raja Yoga workshops and a six-week Raja Yoga course
- Guidance for incorporating Raja Yoga into Hatha Yoga classes
- Coaching in public speaking; including preparation, delivery, and using Yoga to lessen presentation anxiety
- Training in answering questions and leading discussions