Phase 2 Module
This training is designed to give Yoga therapists the essential skills and confidence to teach Yoga as Stress Management in a wide variety of environments, including the workplace, hospitals, schools, and many other surroundings. It provides a strong foundation in understanding stress, and illuminates how the physical and mental Yoga practices empower people to cope with the challenges of stress in our lives. This training helps make accessible to any population all of the Yoga practices – including the teachings from Raja, Karma, Bhakti and Jnana Yoga.
- Yoga Postures adapted for stress relief, including standing and seated chair poses for different levels of physical capacity
- Breathwork, both adapted and remedial, designed to lower stress quickly
- Meditation and mindfulness as stress reduction tools
- Scientific evidence on the benefits of Yoga-based stress reduction
- Adapted relaxation techniques
- Mental and emotional practices of Yoga for stress relief
- Strategies for designing and marketing classes, workshops, and courses
- Methods for leading group discussions for peer support
- Fundamentals of trauma-sensitive Yoga practices
Continuing Education (CE) Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): 60 hours for continuing education.
- Integral Yoga 300-hour: 60 hours towards RYT 500 designation.
- Yoga Therapy: This is one of the required modules to become certified as an Integral Yoga Therapist.
No event found!